AW: Overdrive not engaging, solenoid?

To: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>,
Subject: AW: Overdrive not engaging, solenoid?
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:26:04 +0200
quote>> Remember that the system won't shift emediately. It takes a few seconds
for the pressure to build and the overdrive to engage. I think I've counted as
much as 15 seconds with cold fluid. Its normally more like three seconds.
<<quote

Rick,

a well maintained overdrive shifts immediately, mine sometimes that fast that
it engages when I've put my finger on the switch without flicking it.

I'm no OD expert by far, but as far as I know pressure is built up in the
system as soon as the car rolls. Switching the OD on releases the pressure to
some (for me) mysterious ways, so that the OD engages. I'm sure a more
knowledgable expert can explain it technically correct.

Eric            BT7
Heinsberg/Germany