Re: Overdrive - driving with the tunnel off

To: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>,
Subject: Re: Overdrive - driving with the tunnel off
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:45:29 -0400
Actually you can do this relatively safely without even driving the car.
Just get the rear wheels off the ground on sturdy jack stands with front
wheels chocked,  run the engine in a fast idle in high gear, and manually
operate the lever.  Watch closely for the speedo and/or tach to change
speeds slightly whilst you go into and out of overdrive.  Also, listen
carefully and you can hear it change if its working.   STILL BE VERY CAREFUL
OF THAT SPINNING U-JOINT..NO LONG SLEEVES.

Jim