Re: heater fan no longer sucks

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heater fan no longer sucks
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:44:40 -0400
A couple of weeks ago while trying to catch up on my Emails while on
vacation, I suggested that the motor leads should be reversed on the
fellow's car. I don't know what I was remembering from an incident in the
dim past (happens with age I suppose).
I've now returned home and have just completed some polarity vs. direction
tests on 3 different Smith's fan motors.
1. from my own '54 BN1
2. from a customer's '65 BJ8
3. from a customer's '66 MGB

All 3 turned the same direction regardless of polarity hook up.

Norman Nock's posting explaining the construction of these motors was of
course right on.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused, and as the saying goes,
we're never too old to learn.

Rich Chrysler