Stirling Moss Healey connection

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stirling Moss Healey connection
From: Joe Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:50:25 +1000
Charlie Braum wrote
    Happy Birthday Sir Stirling. One of the greatest race car drivers of
all
time and a friend of DMH.

        I was introduced to Stirling once and as he had been asked
almost every  possible question regarding his favourite race,car,team
and why he was the worlds greatest never to have won the World
Championship, I tried for a new subject. "How is your sister ?" I asked
and that took his interest. She is fine he replied and told me of her
involvment with horses, she still smokes and is putting on weight. He
then asked " Do you know my sister?"
I replied "No" , then why ask he respoded. I explained that as a Healey
owner I was always interested in her rally achievements in
Healeys,especially as she had been European Womens Champion.
"I drove Healeys " Stirling advised. He then told me of the great times
he had had with Donald and his cars.[ At Sebring in 1955 Moss in a 100.S
was  1st. in class and 6th. overall behind a D-type Jag. 2 off Maserati
and 2 off Ferraris.] I think I got his award for the best new question
of the day.

Stirling's manager Ken Gregory was also the Publicity Officer for the
Donald Healey Motor Co. and in his first book was always driving his
Healey company car. Additionally he was in charge of having Stirling's
house built in the Bahamas. Stirling and Donald enjoyed water sking
there behind a Healey boat. There are several photos of him sking behind
Healey boats,in books over the years.
Gregory was the person who came up with the concept of 'Goldie' as a
publicity event at the London Motor Show. Donald thought it a great idea
until he heard the expected cost.Gregory was one step ahead as he had
already found an owner to take delivery after the show
See ya
Joe