Re: A spiritual successor to the Austin Healey 3000

To: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@adelphia.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A spiritual successor to the Austin Healey 3000
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:15:43 -0400
Hey, I liked the design from what I could see.... although the front end
proportions look a bit like the Solstice....
I didn't comment mainly because at this point, it still seems really highly
speculative that it will be built, and sounded like it was one of several
identities or "skins" the car could wind up with....depending upon what rights
to what name they can land.

Austin Healey, --or Healey, seems to be a really sought after identity.  -One
that recalls known, classic, sports cars. -A name that is theoretically
available because it is inactive, and has more cachet than just about all the
other potential linkages. -Just the names now....Healey sounds a bit more
exclusive and upscale than either MG or Triumph.....and represents a different
price bracket... (Jaguar is taken)
Seems to me that a number of enterprises have been itching to get their hands
on the name.......

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA