Rear End Oil

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear End Oil
From: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:58:24 -0700
The manual for my BN1 specifies 140 weight rear-end oil for temperatures down
to 32 deg F.  For lower outside temperatures of 32 deg F to 10 deg F, 90
weight is specified.  My car has the early model spiral bevel type axle
(whatever that means).   Also,  I live in a mild climate -- Seattle area.

Valvoline offers a multi-weight gear oil that is 85W 140.  Does anyone have
experience with this oil in the rear end of  the early BN1?   It seems like
this would be a good choice for year around use.

Thanks,
Ben