HD8 type carburetors rebuild

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: HD8 type carburetors rebuild
From: "James E Austin, Jr." <ahbugeye1@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:55:01 -0700
    I purchased a master rebuild kit from M*** for  my HD8 type
carburetors and I would appreciate some input.  The Carburetor throttle
shafts were frozen and required quite a bit of effort to free them.
After I final got them loose, I felt like there was enough play to
warrant replacing the shafts and bushings. After drilling and cutting the
shafts off as close to the originals as I could, I discovered In reading
through the Servicing and Tuning Guide, that they recommend the fitment
of the modern teflon-coated steel backed type bushing as supplied in the
kit.  This requires the boring of the carburetor body (9.5mm for a 5/16"
spindle) to accommodate the bushing.  The old type teflon bushing doesn't
seem to be available.  Is this the best way to go or should I try to get
the teflon bushing from some other source?

With out you, where would I be?????
Sam Austin