1960 Austin Healey for sale

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: 1960 Austin Healey for sale
From: CORKY <mambo532@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:31:54 -0700 (PDT)
History of my 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
A friend of mine from high school came back from a tour in Saudi Arabia way
back in the late
70's with a little too much money in his pocket, and bought this car in the Ft
Lauderdale, FL
area for around $1700.00. He drove the car back to West Palm Beach with no
problems.
Well he had great ambitions on restoring the car, but was disappointed early on
by the condition of the rear shroud. It was really in bad shape, so he gave up,
and the car sat in his garage for over 10 years.
In 1992 I took the car off his hands for around $700.00, and sold the hard top
for $200.00. I
had big ambitions on restoring this car also, and did the following work:
Re-built the front end with the king-pin kit
Re-did all the hydraulics (brakes, cylinders, clutch, hoses etc)
Cleaned up the rear axle, replaced gaskets, o-rings etc
Drive Shaft is re-built
New leaf springs
Steering Gearbox repaired
Bought used doors which are in great shape
Bought used replacement rear shroud in good conditon
Additonal Information:
Front aluminum shroud is in good condition
Bought new engine head pipes, and used headers
Windscreen has small stone chip
Fenders have rust in the usual places
Left front shock tower needs replacing
Rear shock mount brackets have elongated holes & cracks
Boot lid and bonnet are in good condition
Missing the chrome bumpers front and rear
Grill is in good shape
Trafficator is in good shape (not assembled...needs harness)
Wire wheels are 60 spoke and in good shape (spare is just a bad 48 spoke wheel)
Tires and tubes are new (Dunlops)
Radiator is in good condition with minor fin damage
Right rear bumper frame bracket broken
Carburators are the thermo type
Needs the typical replacement of outriggers, sills, door jams, rockers, floors
etc
I have around $4000.00 invested so far, and have documented all the parts
bought from various
suppliers.
All small parts are bagged and labeled
I had taken the car apart to fully assess what was needed. It is now
re-assembled with minimum hardware for easy dis-assembly.
I also have many pictures in case anyone is interested in purchasing this car
The car is located in West Palm Beach, FL

Yahoo! for Good