Steering, Lock to Lock Ques.

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering, Lock to Lock Ques.
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 07:05:22 -0500
I have recently installed all the steering gear, steering column and centered
everything by eye sight.

My question is,   Starting at the middle , turning to one lock position and
then back to the middle , then turning to the other lock position,   I get
exactly  1 and 1/2 revolutions of the steering wheel one way and  about 45%
past 1 and 1/2  going the other way.

The steering arms are lined up at the initial state, all the bushings etc. are
new.   Is this Middle to Lock difference a problem or should I attempt to
adjust it out to get an even middle to lock turning ratio going both ways.  If
so is this just a matter of adjusting the center steering rod one-way or the
other to even this out a bit.

I really can't see any other adjustments that would make up a 45% difference
which really isn't a whole lot.

Thanks for any input,

Mark