Re: Was :Scuttle Seals

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Was :Scuttle Seals
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 07:25:53 -0400
Oops,
Jack is quite correct. On the later cars the nuts to mount the insulating
panels are welded outside the car in the engine bay, etc. The screws pass
through the big flat washers, through the insulating pads and into the
welded nuts. The large square spacers have holes large enough to go over the
nuts.
On later cars on the under side of the car there are 1/4" threaded studs
that mount the insulating plate on the left side of the car. The plate with
it's 6 square spacers fit onto these studs and the flat washers with
locknuts secure it in place.
Pictures att'd of a BJ8 courtesy of Mark Norris. Note Mark's angled toeboard
panel has yet to be fitted, but shows the welded nuts in position.
I should also mention that the original flat washers are about 1/8" thick
whereas the new ones I've seen supplied in the kits are only about 1/16"
thick. I always try to have the originals replated in clear zinc and use
them again, especially in the most visible areas.

Rich Chrysler