Re: [CAAHC] Pump unstumped--sort of

To: Don.Margeson@dullesmetro.com
Subject: Re: [CAAHC] Pump unstumped--sort of
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:07:00 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/2005 7:39:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Don.Margeson@dullesmetro.com writes:
It's the pump it seems, and likely due to a surge protection device internal.
Can you get a schematic of the pump or perhaps just do some forensics on it
and see what the circuitry looks like.

Like I said, everyone likes a good soap opera. The suspense of your daily
journal is eagerly awaited.
--
Don--

Though I devised a cure I still have not found the underlying cause--that
doesn't make me feel confident about the car's reliability, and because this is
Mary's car and she frequently drives it when I am not around that makes me even
more determined to get to the bottom of the situation.  So I am putting in
the Masters pump that Hendrix recommends, hopefully later today, and will see
how it responds to running on the original circuit, etc.  As they say, this is
NOT rocket surgery!

This latest NAPA/FACET pump is a different animal than the one I have in my
100.  This new one has a sealed, molded black plastic body, arched on
top--looks kind of like an old fashioned table radio, whereas the old ones were
simply
metal cubes.  It has no screws to unscrew, flanges to pry open, etc. that
would allow me to peak inside--unless I open it with a cold chisel and a big
hammer.  Perhaps I should view it as a time and energy vampire and just put a
stake
through its heart!

BTW if you have nothing more exciting to read than my daily drivel go to the
library and get a copy of Out West--An American Journey, written by Dayton
Duncan in 1987.  This fellow retraces the route of the 1804-1806 Lewis & Clark
Expedition in his VW camper and tells a great story, mixing history in with
recounts of his adventure.  Writing such as this inspires me to make my car
reliable, get on the small roads of our great country, meet the people and see
the
sites.  I'm hoping to do just that next July and wind up at the Healey West
Coast Rendezvous in Nelson, BC.

Best--Michael