Reid's Car

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reid's Car
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:28:30 -0400
Easy there, Kirk,  I was thinking of all the hard work that Reid has done over
the years and the fact that he did it quietly and largely without official
recognition from the club.  I still refer to his catalog of Healey literature
done decades ago.  I wanted to say this in a less direct way, and his long
solo drive and lukewarm reception by our club sort of symbolized the whole
thing for me.   The fact that he was a bit modest about his car being on the
cover sparked the post.

Many of us have covered some distances in Healeys (50K in my BN6) and haven't
been "awarded" covers for it.  This was not at all what I meant.

I've tried to stir things up just a little with my posts, but I sense I'm
mostly just creating animosity, so I'd better notch it back a bit.

Best regards
Peter