RE: bj8 overdrive cont.

To: <SJNNOCK@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: bj8 overdrive cont.
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:34:39 -0700
Problem. Overdrive was slipping out of gear on the freeway.

OK, I checked the oil level in the BJ8 OD. Fine.
The dipstick was missing one of the two rubber washers.
I ordered the washers.

I found Norman Nock's article and ran some searches on our archives.

I let the car sit since Sunday (it's Friday).

I followed Norman's instructions..
Oil, OK
Electricity IS reaching solenoid by turning overdrive switch ON, ignition ON
(engine off) accelerator pedal to the floor, and I hear the "click" when
moving the shift lever left to right.

I received the washers for the dipstick from Moss but with those on, I
couldn't even force the dipstick back into position so I replace the old
one. They seem to be way too thick.

I took the car out for a drive and the overdrive worked fine again.

Suggestions? I'd hate to have this happen to me far from home!
TIA
Ron
67 BJ8
#37444 with 67,000 miles.