RE: Crazy 'bout a Mercury

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Crazy 'bout a Mercury
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 09:37:40 -0700
No, Bob.  Alan Jackson sang the Mercury song on one episode of Tim Allen's
show.  A BJ8 was featured in several other episodes of the show as belonging
to Tim the Tool Man's wife, Jill.
Alan Jackson the singer is now the owner of one BJ8 and will be taking
delivery of another one when the restoration is complete.  I have a pretty
complete record of his current car (from Missouri and Florida), but not of
the one being restored.

I had heard that the BJ8 featured on Tim Allen's show actually belonged
either to Tim Allen or his real-life wife.  I believe I have some history on
that car because it had an unusual dual amber front light configuration,
some kind of badge mounted in the bottom of the grille, just off center, and
a door-mounted mirror on the driver's side only.  A car with all those
features was offered on eBay some time ago, although it was red and not the
weird green/gray color of the car on the show.  None of the people who had
recently owned the eBay car had any knowledge of any connection with Tim
Allen or the show, however.  I have the name/address of the one owner of
record prior to the TV show (Nevada, circa mid-90s), but haven't yet had the
time to try to contact him.  An inquiry to the Tim Allen website, not
surprisingly, went unanswered.

Steve