Hershey

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hershey
From: "Michael Shepard" <shepard7107@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 20:45:22 -0400
  Hi Charlie and List, I went up to Hershey on Thursday and the weather was
pleasant. I hadn't been in a few years and it amazing how much it's changed in
so little time. That blacktop is tough on the joints after 5 or 6 hours of
walking and standing. There was a very nice restored '61 3000 going to auction
at the Kruse tent. This car looked right in every way to my eye. With one
minor exception, I just don't like the chrome wires that everyone  else seems
to want. There were a couple of old timers who knew Healeys looking at the car
also and they agreed on the car and the the wheels. I will be interested to
see if the car sold and for how much. On the other hand there was a car in the
Hyman cars-for-sale area, also an early 3000, that they wanted 50K for. They
should have been embarrassed . I didn't look at it for long but the interior
looked lumpy, loose fitting , etc and the paint had lots of big noticeable
sand scratches underneath . Saw a later 3000 for sale , a very average driver
for 25 +/- .  I really enjoyed it , what a range of cars and parts , tough to
beat for a day's entertainment.  Best regards , Michael  '67 3000  Baltimore