RE: Rear Whl. Bearing Adjust, HELP

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear Whl. Bearing Adjust, HELP
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 07:01:51 -0700
Add the thickness of the seal to the 0.001 to 0.004 desired protrusion of
the bearing spacer beyond the surface of the hub and seal.  Use shims to
achieve the total thickness, and space the shims of the proper thickness
around the surface of the hub.  Use the axle to press the bearing/spacer
into the hub without the seal in place.  Once the axle is pressed in all the
way to seat the bearing/spacer, remove it and remove the shims.  Voila, the
outer surface of the bearing spacer should now protrude the required amount
beyond the seal when it is installed.  You can now install the seal.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA