Re: Thermostat Question

To: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>, <JBHawkes@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Thermostat Question
From: "frogeye" <frogeye@swcp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:25:51 -0600
Gentlemen,
 Yes, the Healey head does have a bypass port. Now if you have an original
Smith's thermostat it will lower running temps by 10-15 degrees F.
 Now here's the part I'm not remembering...I don't think the new version
operates in the same manner as the old. That is, the "blanking" off function
isn't as effective. If some one out there has a pair in hand for comparison
and could report back...
 Sorry for the vague answer. Best I have at the moment.
Dave

Frogeye@SWCP.com Taos Garage Annex in Albuquerque
'62 BT7 MK II,  '54 BN1,  '62 Fiat 1600S
http://www.britishcarforum.com/TaosAnnex.html