Fram Oil Filters

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fram Oil Filters
From: "Doug Newton" <dnewton@nappco.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:32:47 -0500
Hello Group-

Incase some of you have forgotten, a week or so ago I made mention that I
had installed a new spin-on Fram PH3600 on my BJ8 when I changed oil and the
Oil Pressure dropped about 5-6 lbs below the normal 40 lbs (after the engine
warmed up).

Well, last weekend I removed the Fram filter (without changing the oil
again) and replaced it with a WIX 51516. The results were amazing; the oil
pressure didn't drop below 44-46 lbs. after warm up.

I have been using Fram filters all along and have not noticed any problems
before, but as far as I am concerned, I won't be going back. I will stay
with WIX until someone shows me a better one.

If any of you folks are experiencing similar problems and are using Fram, I
encourage you to try the WIX 51516.

Doug