Not enough room

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Not enough room
From: "James E Austin, Jr." <ahbugeye1@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:01:09 -0800
After finally getting my motor back in the car and started  mounting the
components,
I have run into a little fit problem with my  rear carburetor. The car is
a BJ7 and the motor is from a BJ8.   I bought the car completely
disassembled and don't know what the fit was before it was taken apart.
 The bottom of the rear float chamber is almost making contact with the
edge of the pedal box assembly( about a 1/16").  I have check a lot of
pictures but can't find one with a view  showing the amount of clearance
that should be there.  Could someone advise me of what clearance should
be and any suggestions on how to obtain additional clearance would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam Austin