Brake Fluid Canister Rebuid

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Fluid Canister Rebuid
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:37:45 -0500
I have come from the archives empty handed.  Got a  lot of brake info but
nothing on the brake reservoir or canister.  Tough object to know what to call
the damn thing.  Sorry if this is a repeat question.

I have my Brake/clutch fluid canister apart for my BT7 and am curious what
others have done in rebuilding their units. The can is in very good condition,
inside and out,  for being 45 yrs old and I coated it with Por 15 to seal any
possible leaky seems.

So my question here is what type of washers are used, and where EXACTLY did
you put them on the outlet fittings.   There was a rubber goo under the Clutch
fluid tube in my canister but I don't see any rubber washers listed in
anyone's parts books.

It seems to me I have one chance at getting this right or its time for a new
paint redo on the inner fender.   I would like to get this one right the first
time.

Thanks ,   Mark