Re: BJ8 Back Seat Back

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: Re: BJ8 Back Seat Back
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:25:48 -0500
Ned,
Sounds like it was retrimmed a little too tightly. I've seen this more than
once on refinished assemblies where there simply isn't enough extra material
at the hinge area to allow the material to move as required. Ideally there
should be a little looseness at the hinged area. Try heating the vinyl at
that tight spot (carefully) with a heat gun or blow dryer to allow the
material to stretch a bit. as you try to fold the assembly down.
Rich Chrysler