Racing Sims w/Healeys (life's journey in a Healey)

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Racing Sims w/Healeys (life's journey in a Healey)
From: jandav88@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:34:54 EST
Fellow Listers,
                       The Healey was designed to take us on journeys, and I
have found that it is not  just ones involving roads.
                    Almost two years ago Patton posted a thread about racing
sims which  brought to my attention the game Rally Trophy and that it had a
Healey you could  race in it. I proceeded to buy the game and download the
Healey to race. The car  looked nice but did not drive or go very well. One of
the
interesting features  of the game is the availability to build cars and tracks
and edit some of the  game code. The cars can be edited and their physics
altered to try to copy their  real life performance. I contacted the original
builder of the car and asked if  I could "tune" it some. The answer was yes.
               That experience has led to a detailed study of the history of
the  Healey Works Rally cars. The life and times of Pat Moss and Ann Wisdom. A
 greater understanding of European Rallying of days gone by. A tremendous
amount  of information gained on Healey suspension and engine specifications
and
their  effects on the performance of the car. I have to say that perhaps best
of all  has been an excellent friendship was developed with the person who
built  the first Healey.
               It turns out that my Austin Healey has taken me on many
wonderful adventures. My  virtual Austin Healey has taken me on an equal number
of
adventures. Along with  all of the regular things that we find to like about
our Healeys,  I cannot help but be amazed, in how many different directions,
pursuits and  quests these somewhat simple vehicles propel us in. They always
have been and  always will be much, much more, then just a car.

  CDK
  Dave K