Re: BJ8 Rear Springs

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 Rear Springs
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:20:51 -0800
Ed Orr wrote:

> I have done this job sucessfully several times in the past each time with
> much frustration . Sooo is there an easy way to do this that someone might
> share with me . I have used rachet type nylon staps but it's not an easy
> process . Could not find anything in the archives .

Ed,
Where does the problem come in on the BJ8? Is it hooking to the trunnion
then being too far away from the axle for the u-bolts to reach?

On my roadster, I attached the springs at the front and rear, then jacked up
the spring plate under the spring with a bottle jack until I could get the
u-bolts through the holes.

If this won't work on the BJ8, couldn't one make some temporary longer
u-bolts out of all-thread rod, cinch up the axle using those, then replace
them one at a time with the stock u-bolts?

--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA