RE: Putting the Channels Back on the Window Glass

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: RE: Putting the Channels Back on the Window Glass
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 09:55:08 -0800
Be sure you have the correct thickness of rubber glazing for your window
glass.  When I removed my original glass from the channels to get them
re-chromed the original rubber was very thin.  When I ordered new rubber I
received a much thicker rubber.  I tried several sources for a thinner
rubber and tried using one that was just a little thicker than the original
but I ended up with a cracked windshield (one week after it was installed
the stress crack started at one edge and slowly moved across the glass over
a few days).  I finally located a source for a very thin rubber glazing
material which was comparatively easy to install and so far, no cracks
(three weeks)
Ron
BN7