How does the Archive work?

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: How does the Archive work?
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:58:57 +0100
Friends,
I just discovered broken nylon guides on both my roll-up windows and
tried -for the first time in my life- to dive into the archives as I
remember discussions on the dismantling of the window frames not too
long ago.
I fear I'm a kind of computer nitwit and I just got confirmation: going
into the archives, searching on 'windows' I got as result "200511/index
(no subject)" and "200511/threads (no subject)"  , each with four lines.
Clicking on one of the lines does not bring me to the subject of that
line but to a long list of items in which I'm not interested at all.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432