Wiring problem

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring problem
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:57:39 +0100
Friends, I have a problem with the trafficator dashboard lamps. The 21 W
lamps on the front and rear work fine, but the dashboard lamps glow at
half strength and together. That's one. Second problem: out of the new
harness, under the dashboard, come two light green/purple wires in one
connector plus a third one, same color, ending in a bullet. No idea what
their purpose is. Whether I stick the bullet in the connector or not
does not make any difference to the dash lamps. BUT: when I put one end
of my test lamp into the double connector (the other end is attached to
the bodywork) the dashboard lamp lights up at full strength while the
other one remains out. All this testing is done with the trafficator
switch either in left or right position.
Who can throw some light (pun intended) on this matter?
Thanks in advance.
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432