Fw: Painting Gear Shift Knob

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Painting Gear Shift Knob
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:00:42 -0500
Ned,
What I did with the round shift knob and all of the rounded dashboard knobs
with lettering, on my BT 7, was to thin some white enamel, paint over the
recessed letters, allow it to become partially dry, and then rub off the
excess on newspaper, 2-3 layers thick on a hard flat surface.
Worked like a charm. I don't know if you can do that (or should) on the BJ8
shifter, or not.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA