Why Won't this Work?--Brake Drums

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Why Won't this Work?--Brake Drums
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:16:41 -0500
I've been told the brake drums on our Healeys are generally out of balance
and contribute to scuttle shake.  So I decided I'd send mine off to be
balanced.  Before I did that I thought it would be a good idea to see how
badly out of balance they were.  But--how to do that?

So,  I called around and got what I thought was a great suggestion.  Take
it to a wheel balancing place and have it spin balanced.  I went to a
trusted person, and, using cones were able to get it lined up on the
spinner.

Using the static balance function, one side was 1.25 off and the other 2.50
off.  So now I know they ARE out of balance.

He suggested I "mold" a correct weight lead weight to the contour of the
drum and, using JB Weld, attach it to the drum.  He marked the spot where
it should go.

What do you think-----will it work?

TIA
tom