Re: Rear Shroud Bumper Holes

To: "Reid Trummel" <editor_reid@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Shroud Bumper Holes
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:35:45 -0500
Reid,

My BN7 is also rear bumperless at times.  I have added a second pair
of rear tail lights to cover the holes.  The slightly modified tail
light assemblies mount onto a large rubber piece which I shaped to
cover the hole and point the lenses straight back.  On the inside of
the trunk I had to fabricate some mounting brackets and these are
similar in principle to the ones which hold the tach or speedo.
Hooking into the har is carried out by replacing the 2-way bullet
connectors with 4 way.

This car was at Conclave this year and you may have seen it.  It was
with the BN7s in Popular.

I have pix and would send them but they are on a comp which is not in
use right now.

Keith Pennell
front and rear bumperless right now BN7
pretty stock BJ8