Re: An interesting question

To: Awgertoo@aol.com, alan@andysnet.net, dwflagg@juno.com
Subject: Re: An interesting question
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:48:19 EST
Well, it seems we have the date, person and car reasonably pinned down but
the reason for the change from eared spinners didn't happen until 1967.  I
believe we have the DOT to thank for that change but in reality it probably
came
about more from the Corvette and American Marques than the British Marques.
The
difference being that the spinners on Corvettes required a small pin to be
inserted to keep them from coming off.  As most know the British wheels are set
up to actually tighten when driven.  Not so for the American models.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua