Re: rust

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Subject: Re: rust
From: Eric (Rick) Wilkins <wilko2@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:55:22 -0800
First get some Jasco like product to stop he rust. Phosphoric acid and
such. If you don't have too much structural damage, you'll be in good
shape for a long time in Vegas.

There is no need or reason to "seal" between those joints. (I hope you
don't mean joining the fenders to the shrouds and hiding the joint.
That is rarely successful, and you'll always get cracks.)

A strip or rubber lining the joint is a nice  thing to do. It doesn't
show and allows the parts to flex together as normal thermal cycling
takes place.