Re: POR15 -rust question / alternatives

To: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Subject: Re: POR15 -rust question / alternatives
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:10:57 -0500
The ATF would be very messy. any small seam or opening would be an
escape for the stuff. I knew a guy who sprayed inside his fenders and
doors with engine oil. No rust but it was a seeping mess for a long time
after each application. Wasn't the TVR frame oil filled during assembly
for this reason? or was that a rumor?  POR 15 would be fine because it
would harden and stop dripping and probably seal the holes too. Ziebart
used to do this and used push in plugs after drilling and spraying. They
offered a liftime warranty. It was a wax like substance that smelled
like crayons. There are or were do it yourself rustproofing kits that
came with long spray wands for just this type application.

Dave