Pipe Valve Drain

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Pipe Valve Drain
From: "James E Austin, Jr." <ahbugeye1@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:34:19 -0800
Some months back there was a discussion about the Oil pressure relief
valve and its purpose.
So, before I put the oil into my new rebuilt motor, I thought I would
double check mine and found that only the cap nut had been reinstalled,
the other parts, spring and oil release valve was missing.  I found the
valve in some of the left over parts, but will have to order the spring
and will probably order both because of the scoring on the valve.  My
question is this, in all of the illustrations I see there is a valve
drain pipe(1K141) shown when ever the relief valve assemble is pictured.
Is this part of the assemble, if so where does it install and is there
any way, with out removing the pan to see if this part is in place.
Excuse my ignorance and thanks.
Sam Austin