wiper motor refurbishing

To: list healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: wiper motor refurbishing
From: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:59:56 -0500
Hello all,
I have my wiper motor cleaned up and tested. It seems to be
functioning properly. I am now ready to reassemble. Do you have
recommendations for the type of grease I should use? John Loftus
mentioned using "waterproof grease on the re-assembly (because it was
the thickest, drip resistant grease I had)"

The gunk I cleaned out of the housing was very thick and you
certainly don't want to have the grease getting thin and leaking out.
On the other hand you don't want something so dense that it impedes
the action of the motor.

Thoughts? and thanks as always.

Lin Rose
1960 BT7 in restoration