Another, Steering Question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another, Steering Question
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:36:12 -0500
I have a BT7 that I have  installed all the front end tie rods, steering
column, links
 and cross shafts. Everything is connected together at this stage.

Is it possible to put the long center cross rod in back ass words or is it the
same in both directions?
The reverse thread operation makes this a bit confusing.

This is really different than the rack and pinion units that I'm used to.

When I turn the center cross shaft how should the wheels react.   Should both
wheels move in the outward direction together when I turn the shaft one way
and then should they move in the inward direction together when I turn the
other way.

Merry Christmas,  Mark