RE: Mirrors, ; was Santa Been Good To Me

To: "'Mark and Kathy'" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mirrors, ; was Santa Been Good To Me
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:46:18 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-healeys@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-healeys@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Mark and Kathy
Sent: 26 December 2005 16:02
To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Mirrors, ; was Santa Been Good To Me

> Why put ANY outside mirrors on it?  IMO the car looks so much prettier and
> cleaner w/o them.

Ahhhhhhhhh,    How bout for safety sake!   Cleaner smeaner!    This is one
area I have to disagree with you Tom.     My preference is having mirrors on

both sides and the rear view inside.   My wife and I travel a lot (in the A)

with luggage on the "boot rack"  and there is nooooo  way that I can know
whats coming up on my sides without the side mirrors.  And even without the
luggage they still are a serious necessity for me.   To me my mirrors can
mean the difference between a serious accident and no accident.    They are
as important as "seat belts"and having all lights and light indicators
working,  IMHO.

Cleaner?   I'm shocked that you would take "looks" over "safety" especially
since there are some very nice "of the era" mirrors available now, that fit
in nicely.   I have had fender mirrors on my cars before but never again.
Now they are always with in reach while driving so if I want to change my
"poopers" position in the seat from "numb cheeks syndrome" I can also adjust

my mirrors.

Are you serious about this Tom?

Mark

Hopefully not serious.
A compromise solution is the mirrors as sold by Cape which go in instead of
the front bolt holding the screen frame. Not an ideal location - a bit too
close? But no drilling.
Personally, I use Harley Davison mirrors in the front side screen hole.
That's a compromise!.....mirror or side screen, but not both! (I shall go
the Cape route sooner or later).
Simon