Re: cylinder head / Secret Sauce

To: <modifiedhealeys@yahoogroups.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: cylinder head / Secret Sauce
From: "62bt7" <62bt7@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:05:54 -0800
Hey Ed,

I could use some of this (I've never heard-of) secret sauce you are touting.
As you know, I am working my way through all the rusted, crudded, etc.
parts removed from the BT7 I found in a junk yard a couple weeks ago.
Liquid Wrench, Aero-Kroil, Nuts-Off, are not working doing the job.

What do you suggest for removing steel (servo boss & vacuum take off)
plugs from (N/A) aluminum tri-carb manifolds that have moderate corrosion.
I've been soaking them in the above for several days, no cigar.
Maybe some heat to the aluminum ??? if so what method to use ???

My plan for re-hab of these manifolds is, blast the bodies, resurface the
mating surfaces, polish the ports.

Suggestions from other listers welcomed too.

Camino's live !!!

Kirk Kvam
San Bernardino, CA