Re: Overdrive drain plug

To: conbreda <conbreda@eircom.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive drain plug
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:34:50 -0800
Connor,

You can drive these off/on with a (preferably brass) drift, but you'll
bugger it up.  Here is a tool:

http://britishtool.com/servtool.htm

I bought an "earlier" version of this tool with a flat handle (like on a
frying pan).  It didn't work well
so I modified it to work with 1/2" rod through the center.  With the
handle, you couldn't torque the
socket without it just slipping off the plug because of the side load.
Looks like he's modified it to take
a 1/2" ratchet or breaker bar, which should work OK.

bs