Re: Compression w/i 10% variance (but < 175 lbs)

To: Dave Leland <starofindy@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Compression w/i 10% variance (but < 175 lbs)
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 07:01:47 -0800
Unless you race, you probably wouldn't notice a difference between
150psi compression and 175.   This also means you can run fine on
91 octane pump gas (or less).  Unless your engine feels "tired," I wouldn't
worry about it.

I'd be more concerned about the oil pressure, it's about 10-15psi below
the "norm."  Check your gauge against a known good one first.

I don't know if the BJ7 has the rotor-type pump, or the gear-type, which
seems to give a bit less pressure, especially at idle.  My BJ8, with the
gear-type pump, gives 45psi at cruise when hot (and nothing+ at idle, but
it's been like that for 60K miles, so I don't worry about it).

bs