BJ8 Carburetor Heat Shield; Correctly Speaking...

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BJ8 Carburetor Heat Shield; Correctly Speaking...
From: GLWilkieAlaska@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 02:17:02 EST
Hi Listers,

I am in the process of painting my carburetor heat shield on the BJ8.

I have tried to do my homework on the matter of color, and can only come up
with the following.

>From Gary Anderson and Roger Moment's Restoration Guide. "This heat shield
was made of metal and painted engine color, with an asbestos panel attached..."

>From the 2004 Concours Registry Originality Guide. "The heat shield is
painted engine color."

Correctly speaking, do the authors mean the whole thing, including the
asbestos insulating pad, was painted engine color, or just only the sheet metal
part? (All the pictures I have referred to, appear to show the asbestos pad in
its
natural color, unpainted.)

Any counsel on this matter from wiser souls, would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Graham Wilkie.
HBJ8L / 32382