RE: TOYOTA GEARBOX

To: "'Bruce'" <bruce@forkman.co.za>,
Subject: RE: TOYOTA GEARBOX
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 04:56:48 -0800
Bruce,

I did do a Smitty conversion a while back and am pretty happy.  You will
need to modify the tranny tunnel.  It is a pretty simple changeover which
involves a Toyota 2WD PU tranny and comes with a bellhousing speedo cable
Clutch disk and pilot bearing.  You'll need the whole donor tranny and have
A driveshaft fabricated.  Smitty recently sold to another gentleman whose
Contact info I do not have at hand.  Overall I am very pleased with the
improvement in drivability and reliability.  The conversion is reverseable.
I do not believe a Cressida box will do.  Other conversion kits are
available in the UK involving Supra gearboxes and Getrags but if your in the
States the Smitty is the way to go.

Tracy