Re: Two steps back

To: Ray Juncal <gonzo18@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Two steps back
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 07:45:40 -0600
Ray Juncal wrote:

>    The view of the chassis up side down is amazing.  I thought I knew these
>cars pretty well but you see a whole lot of different stuff this way.  It
>turns out my chassis isn't exactly flat from end to end like I thought it was.
>What impact does this have on the frame repair I'm looking at?
>Help me Obiwan you're my only hope!
>Thanks
>Ray Juncal

Ray,

Neither was the frame of my BJ8 when I had it had a rotisserie. I
thought it needed straightening so I affixed a couple of heavy channels
on the flat portion and attempted to pull the rest of the frame into
shape. BIG TIME ERROR. The frame would not budge and after a couple of
tries I gave up. Lucky thing I did since the frame is built in that
manner. I might add that the frame is extremely strong and is very
inflexible.

Alan
67 BJ8