RE: Badge repair

To: <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>, "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Badge repair
From: "Allyn Richardson" <allynrichardson@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:40:42 -0800
The stud has a very small nib on the end approx. 1/32 dia. X 1/32 long, much
smaller than the shank. This nib is the welding filler material. The process
happens in a millisecond creating very high but localized heat in a small
zone. The process is also known as percussion stud welding. The front face
of the part can be placed on a wet rag and chill clamps placed in the area
of the stud on the attach side to act as a heat sinks. If the material is
fairly thick it shouldn't pose a problem...But....that being said I've had
plenty of failed experiments over the years so I think the JB weld epoxy or
two way tape sure does sound like the safer alternative and should work
fine.

Allyn