Welding

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Welding
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 06:50:46 -0800
Thanks to all who replied to my inquiry about welding and body work.

Unfortunately (or otherwise), there was no concensus on the exact,
proper technique.
This, I suppose, is not surprising because there are many techniques
which vary with
personal experience and equipment available.  One thing that seems clear
is that I
need to upgrade to MIG instead flux wire, if only so I can use smaller
diameter wire.

The most intriguing suggestion was to not use the replacement panels at
all, but to
just cut out the rusted section leaving the sill and door flanges and
wheel arch bead
intact.  I will give this careful consideration.

bs