sill extension and gusset

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: sill extension and gusset
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:29:27 EST
I am trying to rebuild the sill, front and rear shut areas.  There  is
literally nothing left that is original, it was either mongrolized by  the DPO
or
has long rotted away.

On page 92 of Gary Anderson's Austin Healey 100/100-6/3000 there is a
picture showing the gusset and where it attaches to the sill extension.   What
can't figure out is how does the sill extension protrude ithrough  the inner
panel.  I have mocked up the assembly but the inner and outer  sills are inside
the inner panel not on the outside as shown in the  picture.  What is this
picture showing?  Do I need to fabricate an  extension and if so does anyone
have
the dimensoions?

A confused mind wants to know.

Gary Bouffard