Dash Redo

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash Redo
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:31:11 -0500
Your input would be greatly appreciated.   Nothing useful in the archives.

I removed the vinyl from my Bt7 dash last night and am wondering if anyone
knows how these were done from the factory.

- How was the covering molded so perfectly to a non flat surface?

- Was the covering installed first and then the dash holes cut with a big
press?
  (The gauge circles are too perfect to have been cut by hand.)

-  Will the bulk "interior panel" vinyl from Moss work for this dash
application.  I actually had a "tonnueau cover" custom made from this stuff
for my MGA and am wondering if it may be too thick to do a good job.

-  where does one get the correct vinyl to cover these dash boards?

- what is the consensus on  "painting" the dash body color and just recovering
the dash pad?

Thanks,  Mark