Re: Was MGB, now M conversions

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was MGB, now M conversions
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:22:14 -0800
How about converting it simply for the performance?  My '53 BN1 has a Le
Mans kit that was installed in 1954 by the original owner.   All the
performance mods were used but the louvered bonnet was not.  To quote
the PO:  "Why buy a heavy steel hood when I can use the original
aluminum one?"  The car was 1st in class at SCCA's inaugural Road
America at Elkhart Lake in 1954.  In fact, most people don't even
realize I have the conversion until they try to keep up with me. :-)

Bill Barnett
'53 BN1 #663 two-owner