Re: Re:Insane Values

To: "Richard Feibusch" <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re:Insane Values
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:27:01 -0500
Richard wrote:
The official guides (probably rightfully so) tend to
discount those auction results and use actual sales recorded - not on eBay
or Hemmings but I guess through retail and DMV records.

Well Richard, that's just great, since half of the classic car sales by
private owners I read about are under reported, deliberately, in order to
circumvent sales, property and registration taxes.  -I can only believe that
if those are the sources for their value estimates, that they are skewed low.
Dave J.