Tires

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:12:49 +1100
Tires sold in some markets are required to have a  'wear indicator'
factor on them.
This is an indicator only to compare tires using a standard test.
The lower the number the quicker the wear.
I have been advised that grip : wear : handling are related so make your
own enquires and decision.
Retail outlets are often not prepared to openly discuss the ' mix ' of a
tires performance.
Remember if you ask for a cheap tire they will recommend a cheap one
with acceptable life and handling. Ask for the best handling tire and
you will get a relatively expensive tire with acceptable wear.
You cannot get the best handling tire that outlasts all others at the
cheapest price.
My lesson was costly, I sold my BN.4 of 30 years ownership` because I
had been using it infrequently and the steering and handling was not
pleasing me. The tires were old. ( I had other Healeys to choose from) I
agreed to sell it to someone who asked for a few things to be changed
,including tires. When I drove it the day he arrived to pick the car up
the steering and handling was transformed and I wished I had not agreed
to sell.
ALL FOR THE PRICE OF A FRESH SET OF DECENT RADIALS.

Joe
red one
blue one