Re: Subject: "Performance Siping" Your Tires

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Subject: "Performance Siping" Your Tires
From: James Sailer <heliskier@direcway.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:40:52 -0700
I have had my tires on my Land Rover siped for years...  i.e., these are BFG
Track edge tires ..  A big lug snow tire with little or no grooves ...  It
works great for the packed snow and ice roads we get all winter long ..
Tremendous hold ... I actually think I get better tire wear .. Easily 50k
miles ... Siping is pretty useless on a tire like a street tire that already
comes with many "sipes" in my mind...  Might improve winter ice driving but
... I am not planning on taking my healey out in the ice and snow.. :>)

Jim Sailer
66 BJ8
93 Land Rover Defender 110